Many project management software exist on the market, to plan and optimize the management of a project and follow resources:
PMW (Project Management Workbench), MSP (Microsoft Project), or its alternative Open Source Open Workbench, PSNext by Sciforma, Planisware, Taskii society, PlanningForce marketed by Intelligent Software Company (ISC), GroupCamp for SMEs, the solution Open Source PMS dite by Pragmatis Consulting, Project Monitor of corner Group, CMP (Concentric Project Management), One2Team for pilotage, Project Management Assistant in Web 2.0LDCs of the Time Performance, OpenPlan, Artemis society, open-source solution Projelead and a few others…
Applications of project management for smartphones, especially for our IPhone or our Android, are available in tilichargement. Include for example the Atipic application, either still the Mobile Project Manager application.
The functionality expected of a project management tool are as follows:
- Project planning: ability to manage planning of the project with the overlap of sub-projects, declare the list of tasks, assign resources to tasks, define a start date and an end date for each task, eventually set different margins for each task, calculate the critical path and the duration of the project, identify the dependencies between the tasks and highlight the delays. The time pass must be seized to compare the allegations «а» which had been originally planifi.
- Synchronization Mobile/computer: to synchronize Google Calendar on our mobile and via the project management tool.
- Reports: easily edit GANTT diagrams, time reporting pass must be able to be imprim and export in excel format
- Groupware: possibility of indexing accounts of meeting and committees, all the deliverables of a project (functional prior study, technical study, guide to…), to plan meetings
- Stakeholders (resource allocation): a space for the list of stakeholders, their professional contact, their role in the project and the projects to which they are assigned.
- Deliverables: a space where you can index and view deliverables and their status (not started, in progress, finalized, valid) and the date linked to this status
- Risk: A risk matrix can be updated automatically from manual entry of each risk factor with the probability and severity associated with BRM. Graphics associated with these risks (severity as the abscissa, ordinate probability) are generated automatically.
- Management of the test phases: allow indexing all of the cases of tests used to test computer applications and ensure their follow-up precisely through a system of management of incidents (if a test case fails).
- This last feature is often present in software specific to the management of computer tests (e.g. Bugzilla).
Trends of project management tools are the following:
-appearance of administrative features in addition to the traditional capabilities of planning. The tools often handle the billing of the project for example.
-Implementation of project management tools accessible by a Web 2.0 interface